Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Shadow and Light

The installation of a 5Rhythms event reflects the internal exploration of the work as well as provides inspiration to the dancers.  These works were presented to me in a dream state - both in sleep and during awake time.  Some inspiration came from the book "Connections: The 5 Threads of Intuitive Wisdom" by Gabrielle Roth - and the discussions held in our triblet's book club.

It is as much about the creative process as it is the dance, which dug deep in my soul and exposed parts of myself I didn't know even existed.  I was so enamoured this tribe that came together, I didn't want to wash off the sweat - my physical connection with them. 

5Rhythms dance isn't performance art.  You won't see photos of us dancing, but I added in photos of the dancers, to show the afterglow in their dear, lovely faces.  I hope this video is a marriage of the dreams, artwork and tight bond dancing for three days together will reveal to a person.

2012 March Shadow & Light

After my mom transitioned to heaven and my son went off to college I had a burst of creativity.  I've made many collages for Sunday Sweats.  I like to re-use common things in my art I can find on the street, garage sales, etc.  I have more plans for the drum and the door.  Look for it in our futures.

No comments:

Post a Comment