Sunday, May 19, 2013

Wiskery Stitches and All


I took off my bracelets five days ago.  I had to have basal cell lesion removed from my nose.  It was like a non-healing pimple that stuck around for like a year and a half.  My esthetician pressed me to call my doctor.  I’m really glad I did.  Last week I had a Mohs procedure and surgery to repair my nose the next day.  I learned some really valuable things, a few worth sharing
  • If you have something on your body you’re suspicious about, goodness gracious, please go to the doctor and have it checked.
  • Let your body be your guide.  I stayed home.  I had more swelling, bruising and pain than anticipated.  I could barely tolerate my glasses to rest on my nose.  I nurtured myself.  I let my family take care of me.  I missed a whole bunch of other things in life, but I don’t regret taking the rest I needed.  
  •  “Don’t sweat the small stuff.” And “Everything is the small stuff.”
  • Take the pain medicine.   And chocolate.
Me just after biopsy - barely noticable...
I feel better every day and even ok to face reality. Today, I put my four bracelets back on.  Tomorrow, it’s back to reality – wiskery stitches and all.


Monday, back at work...

2 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better and healing quick! :) You'll be in my prayers. xoxo

    ReplyDelete